DEMONDO places a high priority on the responsible handling of personal data. We want you to know when we collect particular data and how we use it.
We have taken technical and organizational measures to ensure that data protection regulations are observed both by us and by our external service providers. We use the standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This generally involves 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we fall back on 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the key or lock icon in the lower status bar of your browser.
In the course of the further development of our websites and the implementation of new technologies, changes to this Privacy Statement may become necessary. Therefore, we recommend that you re-read this Privacy Statement from time to time.
Collection and Storage of Personal Data, and Nature and Purpose of their Use
When you visit our website, the browser on your user device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until its automated erasure:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The above-mentioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring smooth connection of the website,
- ensuring convenient use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability, as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest results from the purposes listed above for the collection of data. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing inferences about your identity. In addition, we implement cookies and analysis services when you visit our website. You will also find more detailed explanations in the course of this Privacy Statement.
The use of our website is generally possible without providing personal data. To the extent that personal data (e.g. name, address or e-mail addresses) are collected, this always occurs on a voluntary basis wherever possible. This data is not passed on to third parties without your express consent.
We would like to point out that data transmission over the Internet (e.g. communication by e-mail) may be subject to security gaps. A complete protection of data against access by third parties is not possible.
Any use of contact details disclosed mandatorily by third parties in the scope of the Legal Notice for the purpose of distributing advertising and informational material not expressly requested is hereby explicitly forbidden. The operators of the website expressly reserve the right to take legal action against the unsolicited sending of advertising materials, e.g. through spam e-mails.
Forwarding of Personal Data to Third Parties
Data logged during access to the DEMONDO website will only be transmitted to third parties if we are obliged to do so by law or by court order or if this is necessary for legal or criminal prosecution in case of an attack on the Internet infrastructure.
If you order information material or contact us for consultation, quotation or other purposes, we will only use the personal information you enter within DEMONDO and the third-party companies contracted to process the order.
No data is passed on to third parties for any commercial or non-commercial purposes without your express consent.
Protection of Minors
Persons under the age of 18 should not transmit any personal data to us without the consent of their parents or legal guardians. We do not request any personal data from children and youths. We do not knowingly collect such data and do not pass it on to third parties.
With the help of the text files, information can be stored in such a way that it can be kept ready for the next visit to the website. This is information which is already known (e.g. the currently assigned IP address) or which you have entered (e.g. login data stored by you). Among other things, this enables recognition of the customer, which has the effect, for example, that you do not have to register each time you log in to our customer portal.
Moreover, cookies – e.g. by way of usage analysis – can help you find offers and pages that correspond to your interests. The stored information can only be read by the website that has placed the cookie.
Of course, DEMONDO can also be used without cookies. In order to achieve this, you can generally block the use in your browser settings.
Here you can find out how to delete cookies from your hard drive:
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
Sometimes, however, if you deactivate or block all cookies, you may not have full access to all the functions of a website.
Use of Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics. This is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses so-called cookies. Cookies are files. By storing cookies on your computer, Google can analyze your use of our website. This information and your IP address are transmitted to and stored by the Google servers in the USA.
Google evaluates the information of your use of our website. This is used to create reports on your activities on our website and to make them available to us. This may also serve the purpose of offering or providing further services associated with the use of our website or the Internet. Google may share this information with third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties have been contracted by Google to perform this data processing. Under no circumstances, however, will Google link your IP address with other Google data.
You have the option of preventing the above-mentioned cookies from being stored on your computer. To do so, you need to adjust the appropriate setting in your Internet browser. However, this may mean that you can only use limited features on our website. You can prevent Google from collecting, sending and processing your data and your IP address. For this purpose, you can download and install a plugin for your Internet browser. This plugin is available under the following link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Source: Flegl Rechtsanwälte GmbH
Privacy Statement for Social Media
DEMONDO takes the current discussion about privacy in social networks very seriously. It is currently not legally clear whether and to what extent all networks are offering their services in accordance with European data protection regulations. We therefore expressly invite your attention to the fact that services such as Twitter, Facebook, Xing, Google+ and LinkedIn, used by DEMONDO, store the data of their users (e.g. personal information, IP address) according to their data usage guidelines and use them for business purposes. The BSI has no influence on the data collection and its further use by social networks. Thus, there is no knowledge of the scope, location and duration of data storage, to what extent the networks comply with existing erasure obligations, which evaluations and links are conducted with the data and to whom the data is forwarded.
Links to Websites of other Providers
Our website contains links to the websites of other providers. We have no influence on whether these providers comply with data protection regulations.
Concerning the use of SlideShare
- We partially use the SlideShare service to show presentations to you. This is integrated by means of a 2-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, no personal data is passed on to third parties. Only when you start the presentation will personal data be transmitted to Slideshare.com, Google Analytics and ComScore, a cookie be placed in your browser and stored in the USA. We have no influence on the collected data and data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full scope of the data collection, the purposes and the storage periods.
- ComScore stores this data as user profiles and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or tailoring the demand-based design of its web pages. Such an evaluation is performed for the purpose of providing demand-based advertising. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you need to contact ComScore to exercise this right.
- For further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plug-in provider, please contact: SlideShare Inc., 1 Montgomery St., Suite 1300, San Francisco, CA 94104, email@example.com, www.slideshare.net/privacy as well as comScore, Inc., 11950 Democracy Drive, Suite 600, Reston, VA 20190, www.comscore.com/About_comScore/Privacy_Policy
Other tools used on our website
1. Use of CDNJS via Cloudflare
In order to render our online content quickly and conveniently for you as a user, we use a CDNJS, a service from which frequently-used program and presentation libraries can be loaded. DCNJS uses a content distribution network operated by Cloudflare. The company Cloudflare Inc, 101 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA, provides web optimization and security services that we use to enhance and secure our website. These include a reverse proxy, a pass-through security service, and a content distribution network. To this extent, your information is collected by Cloudflare when using our websites, web applications and APIs. This information may include, but is not limited to, IP addresses, system configuration information, and other information concerning the traffic to and from customer websites (collectively, "log data"). This log data is used to operate, maintain and improve CDNJS. You can find the link to the Privacy Statement here.
To enhance the compatibility of our website we use a service by The Financial Times Limited that is registered in England and Wales under No. 00227590. The Company's registered office is located at No. 1 Southwark Bridge, London, SE1 9HL, United Kingdom.
With the help of so-called "polyfills", different browsers that otherwise would not be able to display all website properties can more effectively dovetail with the technical features of our website. This enables our website to be more easily displayed in your browser.
In order to accomplish this, Polyfill.io receives the following technical information from your browser: Browser details, your IP address and the URL of the website submitting the request to obtain the appropriate polyfill. No personal data is stored about you, only the domain, the user agent string of your website and the requested and loaded polyfills.
You can find further information on data protection here.
Subscribing to our Newsletter
Provided you have given your express consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR, we will use your e-mail address to regularly send you our newsletter. To receive the newsletter, it is sufficient to provide an e-mail address. You can unsubscribe at any time, e.g. via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can also send your unsubscribe request to the above e-mail address at any time.
Use of our Contact Form
For questions of any nature, we offer you the opportunity of contacting us via a form provided on the website. To do so, it is necessary to enter your name, your place of residence and your e-mail address so that we know from whom the inquiry originates and to enable a response from the proper contact persons. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
The data processing for the purpose of establishing contact with us takes place according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily providing consent. The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted upon completion of your request.
Data Subjects' Rights
You have the right:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of the right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information concerning their details;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR to immediately request rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 DSGVO, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, to the extent the correctness of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse its erasure and we no longer need the data, yet you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have lodged an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data which you have provided to us, in a structured, standard and machine-readable format, or to demand that the data be transferred to another controller;
- pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke at any time your consent already provided to us. As a result, in the future, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent, and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, to submit a complaint to a regulatory agency. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your habitual place of residence or workplace or of our office.
You can lodge a complaint in this regard to the responsible supervisory authority:
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit [State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information]
Kavalleriestrasse 2 - 4
40213 Düsseldorf, Germany
You can also send us a fax to: +49 (0)211 38424-10.
For electronic transmission, please use the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to object
Insofar as your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right according to Art. 21 GDPR to raise an objection to the processing of your personal data, to the extent there are reasons for doing so which arise from your particular situation or if the objection is aimed towards direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which will be implemented by us without stating a particular situation.
If you wish to make use of your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to service(at)demondo.com
Data Protection Officer according to GDPR
Mr. Niklas Hanitsch (Managing Director of Datenschutz hoch 4 GmbH)
Datenschutz hoch 4 GmbH